No Excuses – The Power of Self Discipline – Book Review
Though there are millions of books in the world, there are only a few that leave an indelible impression on our minds and change our lives forever. In this article, we are going to talk to you about one such book written by one of the world’s leading personal development gurus, Brian Tracy. No Excuses! The Power of Self Discipline is one of his many bestsellers, and this book insists on teaching its readers the power of owning up to one’s actions instead of passing the buck to someone else.
About the author – Brian Tracy
Brian Tracy needs no introduction to people who are avid readers of self-help and motivational books. However, for the uninitiated, here is a brief description of the great person that Brian Tracy is. Tracy is a Canadian American motivational speaker and an expert on topics related to goal-setting and self-development. He has visited over 80 countries spread across 6 continents and delivered motivational speeches to more than 50lakhs of people across the world.
He has written over 45bestsellers and created close to 300 audio-visual learning programmes to date. All his works have been translated into at least 20 languages. Today, he is not only a successful speaker, consultant and a bestselling author, but he is also the President of 3 Californian companies.
About the book
Though many people define self-discipline in many different ways, Tracy’s definition stands out among them all. According to him, self-discipline is the art of doing something when you have to do it, irrespective of whether you feel like doing it or not. Quite simple and impactful, isn’t it? The book, No Excuses! The Power of Self-Discipline is a guide that you can follow to master the art of self-discipline. There are 21 chapters in this book that talk about 21 ways that you can follow to achieve self-discipline, happiness and success in your lives.
One of the major highlights of this book is that it tells you directly that there can be no excuses if you don’t do what you have to do. You either do it, or you don’t do it. You cannot tell yourself or anybody else that you couldn’t do a particular activity because of some reason. In simple words, this book teaches you that you cannot justify your laziness. If you have the willpower to do something, you will do it, irrespective of how inconvenient it is for you. On the contrary, if you are lazy, you may always think of procrastinating the activity, or you may do the one thing that everybody does so easily today – put the blame on someone else!
This book tells you that you have to do something to achieve your life goals. It teaches you how you can use your self-discipline in simple but practical ways to achieve your personal and professional goals at every stage in your lives. You will find practical exercises at the end of each of these 21 chapters so that you can reflect upon the learnings and try them out in your everyday lives as well. Now, that’s something that not many self-help books would offer you!
Why choose this book
There are quite a lot of strong and convincing reasons for why you should get this book. However, we have attempted to list down the most compelling reasons below:
- This book is bound to change your lives. As you complete each chapter and the practical exercise at the end of each one of them, you will be motivated to implement the changes in your daily lives. It is easy for a book to give you pages and pages of motivational stuff, but it is really difficult for a book to motivate you practically and make you follow the “no excuses” policy. This book makes you do exactly that.
- It changes your perception towards life – yours and others. When we see or hear about successful people, we always think that they have been luckier than us, don’t we? We also think that these people have been blessed with incredible talent, which we don’t have. Most of the times, we don’t realise that they are successful because they tried harder than us and never made excuses in their lives during their learning or training sessions. Brian Tracy, in this book, has successfully made his readers believe in themselves more than ever. Once you read this book, you will find yourself wanting to read it over and over again because it is a great read! You will stop blaming the time and your situations for your failure, and you will start owning up for your failures/mistakes.
- This book is very easy to understand. Brian Tracy, in spite of being a renowned motivational speaker and a professional consultant, uses very simple language to convey his thoughts in this book. The ways to imbibe self-discipline and happiness are neatly described in the 21 chapters that are constructed in a nice flow. Unlike most of the other self-help books, this one isn’t just theory! It also contains some practical exercises to keep you engaged and interested in it until the last page. The paperback version is priced at just around $10, which is an attractive price you pay for the immensely valuable returns that this book provides you.
Can it be purchased from Amazon?
Did You Know Sound is one of the Most Powerful Tools For Healing in Existence?Read More ...
Yes, this book is available on Amazon in four versions – hardcover, paperback, audiobook and audio CD. The paperback is the most commonly bought format, and it is quite affordably priced at $10.87. If you want a hardcover version, you need to shell out $92.43 for the same. If you want to try the audiobook, you can use the free version of the Audible app, and you will get the audiobook free of cost. The audio CD is a blessing for people who don’t want to strain their eyes too much, especially the retired or the senior citizens. The audio CD is priced at $29.98, and you can pause, rewind and forward or play this whenever you want to, at your own whim and fancy.
- Very affordably priced
- Leaves you with some invaluable lessons for life
- Motivates you to stop giving excuses right away and improves self-discipline
- Helps in overall personality development as the book serves as a guide for your personal and professional lives
- Helps you to look at the world around you with a positive outlook
- Written in a simple and easy to understand style
- Written by a subject matter expert thereby making it a trustworthy purchase
- Suitable for people of all age groups
- According to a few users, Tracy has mostly focussed on the office-going audience in this book as his practical exercises are mostly workspace-related. They felt that the book didn’t have much to offer to those who aren’t working or those who have retired.
- Some felt that this book had nothing new to offer and most of the self-help tips that Tracy offered were things that they were already aware of. However, most of the users felt that though the tips weren’t exactly new, the way Tracy presented them made this book stand out from the rest.
This book is a huge hit on Amazon as 420 customers have posted their reviews here. When there are lots of customer reviews, a product is bound to get hit on its ratings. However, this book has managed to score on that front as well. It has scored 4.7 rating (5 is the highest) from these 400 odd customers, which is nothing short of an achievement. Out of these, a whopping 81% of the readers have given a 5-star rating for the book, which speaks volumes about the quality and values it imparts.
In our lives, we always have two options in front of us whenever we face challenges or goals. We can choose to cry over them and quit at the first obstacle that we meet, or we can try harder every time we fail until we overcome all the challenges. This book teaches us simple ways to choose the second option and how we can overcome our temptations to become very self-disciplined. If you want to succeed in your lives and meet all your personal/professional goals within their timelines, you have to be self-disciplined. This book teaches you the art of self-discipline in 21 simple ways. It teaches you how and why shouldn’t make any more excuses and start working right away to become a successful individual.
After you read this book, you will stop judging other people and envying their success. You will stop forming opinions that he succeeded in his life because he was luckier or more talented than you. Instead, you will start focusing on your life and doing all that you can do, without passing the blame to anyone/anything, to reach your respective goals. If a $10 investment can give you such amazing results, isn’t it quite impressive? So, what are you waiting for you? Grab your copy right now without making any excuses.
- The Success Principles(TM)
- The Formula: The Universal Laws of Success
- Millionaire Success Habits
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People
Subscribe to the newsletter news
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe